The scope of work of this project included six miles of roadway reconstruction including widening the interstate to provide additional width at the shoulder. The Work also included widening all 15 sets of bridges that were constructed over local roadways, replacement of the existing bridge decks, and construction of one complete new set of bridges (one for I-70 Eastbound and one for I-70 Westbound) was constructed over Sherman Ave. and the existing CSX Railroad.
- General Contractor: Walsh Construction Co.
- Owner: Indiana Dept. of Transportation
- Contract Value: $175,000,000 (Approximate)
- Notice to Proceed: August 16, 2006
- Contract Completion: June 16, 2008
- View PDF